Powered by CSCOE and in partnership with Dr. Jules Nolan and her team at Phoenix School Counseling, the three-year Peace of Mind Partner School Initiative will provide our school with support and resources to help children and adults gain emotional confidence and grow in competence to handle life’s stressors, big and small, through social-emotional learning (SEL) education. We’ll start the program in the 2023-24 school year.
What we receive (compliments of CSCOE):
• Additional support for school counseling services
• 1:1 consultations available for teachers
• Parenting hacks and how-tos, Q&As, and resources such as live presentations, webinars, hand-outs, and recommended digital apps to build practical skills and learn new strategies
• A grant to host a middle school event that grows connections between students and parents.
• A Peace of Mind team that will receive training to help us address specific challenges
• Initial training and onboarding for all staff via a Summer Summit
• Strategy-based instruction, practice, and coaching in Peace of Mind techniques using established best practices
• This is in addition to the monthly educator and parenting webinars that CSCOE already provides.
If you’d like to chat about Peace of Mind or hear more about the initiative, please contact Mr. Sonnek. In the meantime, please help us spread the word about Peace of Mind to other families who might be considering a Catholic education for their children. Thank you for supporting our efforts to create an even better learning environment for our entire Catholic school community!
To learn more about Peace of Mind, visit https://cscoe-mn.org/initiative/peace-of-mind/